So it seems I got a little smurfed away with design this morning. Here’s my take on Smurfette’s wedding or super stylin’ party in the Big Apple.
For a city-chic, yet smurfin’ cool wedding or event, I see decor in white with smurftastic blue and red accents of course, individual smurfberry tarts topped with white cream caps of whipped cream, and a nod to the love of mushrooms.
Cast your vote Society…smurfin’ cool or no smurfin’ way ?
Though it may be hard to believe for those of us who grew up with these three apple high creatures in the ’80s, Smurfs have never been so popular as they are now. So on this Smurftastic Saturday, I was inspired by these little blue-skinned characters in white trousers and a cap when designing inspiration boards this am for weddings (or for most any event really because this is a smurfin’ cool color combo). So go ahead – express your inner smurf….
I personally love this bright blue paried with red. So Society, it’s to you….what do you think? Adore or ignore the color combo?
SMURF FUN FACTS:
- The Smurfs were originally created and first introduced as a series of comic strips by the Belgian cartoonist “Peyo” Pierre Culliford on October 23, 1958.
- The Smurfs made their first appearance in a story of Johan & Peewit in “Le Journal de Spirou”.
- The original term and the accompanying language came during a meal Peyo was having with his colleague and friend André Franquin. Having momentarily forgotten the word “salt”, Peyo asked him (in French) to pass the schtroumpf. Franquin jokingly replied: “Here’s the Schtroumpf — when you are done schtroumpfing, schtroumpf it back…” and the two spent the rest of that weekend speaking in “schtroumpf language” The name was later translated into Dutch as Smurf, which was adopted in English.
- French: Les Schtroumpfs, Dutch: De Smurfen
- Smurf books, figurines and toys are amongst the most popular in the world.Smurfs have never been so popular. Over 10 million copies of Smurf CDs have been sold in the last 3 years alone.
- The TV series is regularly re-issued as video collections in dozens of languages, as well as CD-i and in storybook form.
- Smurfs never get older. So Baby Smurf will always be a baby.
- This hit TV series, which ran as part of NBC’s Saturday-morning lineup from 1981-90.
- No fewer than 256 episodes were produced, which are currently showing in roughly 30 countries.
- A box office report dated July 31st recorded that the Smurfs movie grossed $36.2 million when it debuted.
- The movie cost @$200 million to produce
Wishing you all Smurfin’ good day!
Looking for an alternative to professional videography? Then boy do I have news for you. iDocam is the do-it-yourself solution for videography.
This concept was developed by a professional videography company that has been producing cutting edge videography for over two decades. iDOcam gives you access to professional talent in a way that won’t break the bank.
The process is simple. You visit their website, select the options that suit your needs (2-4 hours, one or more cams, etc), the cameras are shipped to you charged and ready to go. Select and ask the person(s) that you would like to be you “cameraperson(s)”. Power on and make memories.
After the event ship the cameras back to iDo cam. They will edit the footage, set to music and a professionally edited video will arrive to you in the mail. You will also receive all of the unedited footage on DVD to enjoy. The company can also stream your video to the net if you like (public or private) so you can share with family and friends.
•You save money.
•You get a professionally edited wedding video.
•Your iDOcam users will have fun, be more connected and more involved in your event experience.
•Your guests will have a blast with this fun and unobtrusive approach to documenting the event.
•Your memories will be recorded and preserved in high quality, high definition video.
Of course having a professional videography team on-site for your event is ideal, but if the budget simply won’t allow it – that no longer means you can’t have it at all!
The iDo cam is not only available for weddings….take one or a few on your honeymoon, or use them to capture memories of rehearsals, showers, dinner parties – any event that you would like to have fun memories of. So power up and let the good times roll!
Click here to view a sample video.